Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pacman Crafts Part 1

This is going to part numero uno of the pacman (or maybe more accurate to say ms. pacman) crafts created by moi that will be featured on this blog. Among some of the things that I like to collect are pacman collectibles (whenever possible). I add the whenever possible bit because unless you're a regular internet shopper or have a good vintage goods store nearby, pacman items can be really hard to come by. Hard to find or not though I appreciate all things pacman related and naturally want to create my own waka waka items. The Ms. Pacman t shirt that you see below is actually the first thing I ever made with fabric markers. After making that I was addicted and started brainstorming other pacman crafts. The second t shirt that I thought of making ended up being the cute little "I'm Shy" one. Nobody ever approached me with comments about it but several people looked at it with an amused smile when I wore it out this one time..... And the last two things I've made that I will show for the time being are the framed pink lovelies. The frames were actually originally mirrors that had a white painted wooden border. I painted the wood pink to be more colorful and glued my own handmade pictures of Pinky (the pink ghost)and ms. pacman. For some final touches I painted the rim around the pictures red and added a bit of glitter here and there for cosmetic touching up. And there you have it! Fun right?! :-D I have several more pacman crafts on the go so if you are like me and appreciate the cute colorful characters of vintage arcade games then stay tuned for a part 2! 

P.S. I forgot to say add one last little note. If you're confused by the writing on the ms. pacman shirt at all it's because it's written in Japanese katakana (it's the alphabet Japanese people use for writing our foreign words and names). It basically reads the same though so what you see there is the katakana version of ms. pacman. ;D 




















No comments:

Post a Comment