Sunday, December 30, 2012

I Smell Potpourri!

Given the decent amount of potpourri that I have lying around I wanted to create some sort of scented decorative item. I wasn't too excited about the idea of stuffing up one of those little fabric baggies that they sell at stores. I wanted to design and create something of my own, something different looking that appealed to my color and patterns aesthetics. What you see pictured here is the product of my recent efforts. I basically created the entire fabric ornament with plastic pearl embellishments and then stuffed it with cranberry orange scented potpourri. I've been experimenting with different shapes and colors lately and I like my take on the potpourri satchel idea quite a bit. I plan on creating more of my colorful "satchels" to hang around the house. When creating and brainstorming these I take part of my inspiration from the long flowing Japanese Star Festival decorations. If you've never heard about the Japanese Star Festival then it's definitely worth a quick internet search. The decorations are just beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment