Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Revamp things Craftista Style!

Some of my more fashion-oriented readers will most likely appreciate this posting as it has to do with glitzing and glamming clothing and accessories. Adding a few gems here and several buttons there can really make a big difference in you fashion items, transforming things from blah to gaga :-). Both of the cardigans shown below used to be plain and green (nothing wrong with that....green's my favorite color!) but loving all things shiny I just had to embellish, and what you see in the pictures is the result of my hand-sewn acrylic and button embellishing. The purse pictured in the far right corner definitely required a lot more patience and quite a few acrylic gems I might add. ;D That purse used to be white all over, but loving all things green I wanted to make it into my own dream purse. So I colored it with a green fabric marker and then hot glued as many gems as could fit on both sides. I still have to take care of the bottom of the purse and the handles to make it more finished, but even as it is now it's definitely an attention getter! 

The only things that are not green are the somewhat smaller pictures of what look like blue cuff things. That was a little fun frivolous project of mine that I decided to make out of all of the blue scraps and things that I had lying around. It's meant to be a corsage. What I did to make it was several things. The flower part I made out of left over lace trims. Patiently folding and sewing layer after layer of the lace gave it that nice puffy effect. I stuck a few beads into the middle of it and added some glitter all over to give a quick cosmetic touch-up. The part of the corsage that goes around the wrist I believe I made out of some sort of thick elastic. It was blue which of course was convenient, and onto that I just sewed whatever else I had left: buttons, gems, beads, lace, and of course a coat of glitter! It was a lot of fun to make and I personally think that it is super cute. Great to make for parties, proms, or just to wear out in general. :-)

 A quick note I might add before ending this post is that you don't have to just embellish with beads and buttons! Get creative and try other things! I haven't finished it yet so I will not post it until it is more presentable, but idea-wise I can tell you that another fun way to embellish stuff is by using leftover craft flowers. I'm talking about those fake flowers that you'll find in stores that have the plastic stems and the fabric petals. Since the petals are made out of perfectly fine material you can just pull them off of their stems and sew them onto your clothes and accessories as embellishments. I am currently sewing a bunch of tiny white flowers to make a collar for a black cardigan of mine. Like the green purse it requires more patience but the results are definitely worth all the effort! Have fun thinking up your own ways of fabulizing your wardrobe! Stay tuned for more posts and keep crafting. ;D 



No comments:

Post a Comment