Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bling It On!


When it comes to craft, clothes or life in general, I have two sayings that I like to live by: You can't have enough green (my absolute favorite color) and you can't have enough bling. Shiny things really do have a way of complementing a craft, top, or just about anything that you have lying around. With that said, I thought that I would show some stuff that I have created and/or blinged out. If you've seen the previous posts featuring my dolls and the flower girls on this blog, then you'll recognize the faces on the colorful bag with the four girl faces. When I made that bag I was trying to emulate those Andy Warhol prints that feature portraits of celebrities in wild neon color combinations. My colors are a bit muted compared to those but no less fun, especially with the eye-catching gems on the girls' hair. The blue and greenish bag wasn't inspired by anything in particular. The day that I made that bag I had the colors green and blue swirling through my head and just had to get that out of my system. Looking at it now it kind of reminds me of those carp streamers that the Japanese put up to decorate poles on Children's Day(and previously on Boy's Day). The shapes sort of resemble the fish scales. As for the pink and red concoction that you see below, that started out as a plain magenta bag that I found at a thrift store some time ago. A pretty bag yes, but plain in the sense that it had no gems in sight. I thought that it would look a lot richer and more eye-catching with some (in this case turned into a lot) red gems sewn and glued on, and my instincts were right. Don't you just love the shiny? ;D The final picture that you see is of the purple top. That started out "plain" just like the pink bag and ended up having a bunch of acrylic flower gems sewn onto the collar. After seeing all of these examples, what do you guys prefer? Bling or no bling? :-) 






No comments:

Post a Comment