Monday, January 21, 2013

Golden Purse and Napkin!

An odd title for a post yes, but that happens to be what I have to show for the time being: a golden purse and a napkin! And in no way related to each other! So shiny stuff first. The purse started out like a lot of other things on this blog, without embellishments. I found it at a thrift store and started sewing shinies onto it a couple of days ago. I had originally planned on using the purse's material for other crafting purposes, but since it wouldn't give me a whole lot of material I decided against it. Good choice huh? :-) And as for the napkin, I made it just like the ones featured on a previous post. I had a small bit of the fabric seen here, just enough to make one of 'em napkin dainties. I wasn't thrilled with pairing yellow or white ric rac trim to it like the other napkins though, and ended going a bit brighter and more colorful around the perimeter. Me likey! :-D 

No comments:

Post a Comment