Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pacman Crafts Part 2

I promised a part 2 of pacman awesomeness and here it be! The first picture is of a yellow handkerchief that I styled to be all ms. pacman-like. After sewing the ribbon trimming around the perimeter I got to a bit of embroidery, stitching the outlines of the character shapes and then tracing over them a bit with fabric marker. I filled the ghosts, ms. pacman bow and lips, and white orbs with marker. The next picture is of an apron that I made with a blue ghost (Inky) theme. I plan on making a whole series of these aprons, one for each ghost featuring different fruits or veggies in the background. The canvas apron I started out with was pure white so I had to color the whole thing over with marker twice to give it a finished look. I also added a blue ribbon trim around the edges to make it more dainty (can see it more clearly in the close-up), and the pearls at the top are there to add a little fashion jewelry statement. No reason why you can't cook with your favorite string of pearls attached! The last of the three crafts will most likely serve as a wall hanging. It was the simplest of the three things I made, mainly involved putting together various things that I had lying around in my craft supplies stash. I got the idea to make my own ms. pacman after spotting a felt circle at Wal Mart. The most labor intensive part was cutting out the wedge out of the right half to give her her characteristic open mouth. After that it was just a matter of gluing things into place (eyelashes and bow). The lips get their bright cherry redness from a tube of fabric paint. 

I have another pacman craft that I am currently working on but it's in its rough-looking incomplete stage so I'm not showing it just yet. So if you liked parts 1 and 2 then you can also look forward to there being a part 3 in the future! Maybe by then I will have another ghost themed apron to show as well. :-)




































1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I love the aprons! The pearls are an amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete