Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Some Home Decor For the Craftista Part 2

Ever run out of placemats? Don't know what to do? Make your own! Well....okay it'd probably just be a lot faster to go buy some,  but hey, the results can be cute and I always love to make my own things so that I get exactly what I want. Like the placemat with the sun plate center! The blue, orange and red make me think of the summer, and the glass I drew with my fabric markers so that I would have a spot of lemonade to cool down with! ;D The vibrantly colored green thing below the napkin features a lamp shade that I colored to go with the pretty green glass lamp (found at a thrift store). The shade was originally white with no embellishments. First thing I did was sew the pom pom trim around the rim. Some time later I thought of coloring the lamp shade as well. Giving into my craftista urges I eventually took out my trusty old fabric markers and filled in the shade with the alternating green zig zag pattern.Nice... :-) Even if you choose not to color in your lampshade you can still use something like the pom pom trim to hang ornaments and things on. Down the road I would like to make a multi-tiered lamp shade Christmas tree to hang all of my ornaments on. One last note I thought I would make about the lamp project is the shiny green thing underneath (closeup picture shown at very bottom). All that really is is a green felt circle I picked up at Wal Mart onto which I glued a bunch of emerald acrylic stones. I think it looks fancy. Just like The Emerald City of Oz! :-D 







































1 comment:

  1. Loving all the green! The lamp came out really cool! The placemat makes me wish I was sitting outside on a patio, soaking up some rays. Instead I'm in a lab, looking at your blog instead of studying. ;)

    ReplyDelete