Friday, January 11, 2013

Lily Pads Mat

This was pretty much a half-finished not sure what to do with it project last night. What I started with was the lily pad infested square without the green border and with no gem in sight. I had originally planned on it being a pillow some time ago, but rediscovering it a few days ago, I wasn't really seeing how such a pillow would fit in with the rest of the rest of the stuff I've been making. I decided that I would just decorate it and see where it would go from there, adding the green scalloped border and sewing sparkly gems all over. Then came the idea. I would use it to display some of my frog figurines! I happen to be a collector of many things: pacman collectibles, rings, unicorns, green stuff, vintage avon bottles, and frogs. I figured that positioning my little green frogs on the marker drawn lily pads would end up being a great displaying idea. After adding a layer of fabric to the bottom side as a base I was done. :-) I am really happy with how the project came out. I especially like how the gems give it a glass mosaic-like look. Cute that each of the frogs has its own lily pad huh? ;D Ribbit! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment