Saturday, August 22, 2015

Some Home Decor for the Craftista Part 3

Essential to any craftista is the desire to create. Couple this with other interests like fashion and home decor and you get the typical Tanya posts: embellishment projects, home painting, and pillow making! Yup ^c^ I got some more pictures of things that I made, not very recent but I'd say from the last year or so.
The shelves were originally all white. They were already painted which made painting them easier. I wanted to do something blue but with a splash of color so I paired it with some bright pink paint that I had lying around. The two colors go really well together and I really like how the pink looks on the inside. It adds a nice extra bit of cheeriness to the cute items on display. Next is a small thrift store end table that I jazzed up with the same blue metallic paint of the bookshelves and (of course) gems. I also painted the handle and the inside of the drawer gold. Following that is a really nice green plastic jewelry box that I found some time ago at a thrift store. Now what could be better than green? BLINGED OUT GREEN! For this project I simply hot glued a bunch of bright green rhinestones to the box's drawers. I just embellished the front of the drawers, partly cause I ran out of rhinestones but also cause I wanted to add a nice rhinestone touch (not overkill!). Oooooh the sparkleeee *C*. 

And let's see.... what else? Oh yeah! pillows! The circular pillow was made from a blank white cotton sheet that I colored to give the appearance of a little fish bowl. It was the perfect project for using up some plastic fish beads that I had lying around. Embellishing the sand, seaweed, and bubbled with pearls helped finish it off. The remaining pillows were made from thrift store scarves, easy to sew up since they're already perfectly cut squares. Pretty huh? They're also extremely comfortable, stuffed to the max with cotton fluff. I keep some around my house and another in my school office. I have a few more vintage scarves that I plan on making pillows out of as well. Trust that those pictures will be posted when complete! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment