Saturday, August 22, 2015

Soft Doggie Blankets *3*

Everybody likes soft, comfortable things, animals included. From having pets, I've found that animals, hedgehogs, chinchillas and dogs alike love to cozy up to a soft piece of fabric (e.g. my hedgehog Fiona loves to ball up in some crushed velvet). So far I've made a couple of blankets for dog friends, the one in the picture being my most beloved dog friend Penny. I had made it sort of a tradition to give her pink gifts in the past, and wanted to make a soft blanket for her with the same color scheme. The rainbow hello kitty fabric I already had and used for the quilted scallops. The hello kitty fabric I found at Wal-Mart, which ended up looking great with the scallops! To give the blanket a finished look I sewed fabric tape to line the edges along the scallops. I think I can safely say that by the picture the blanket was most certainly dog approved. :-) That and the pillow that I made to match it (to the left of Penny on the blanket). 






No comments:

Post a Comment